Our Products & Services Include:
Compostable Foodservice Containers & Packaging - Janitorial Supplies - Plant Based Non-Toxic Cleaning Chemicals - Recycled Papergoods - Organic Fair Trade Dry Goods & Condiments - Local Organic Produce, Coffee & Teas
Corn and Sugar Cane grown at the South Central Farm in Los Angeles.
NEWS, PROGRAMS, PRODUCTS & MORE!
- Los Angeles City Bans Plastic Bags!
- CaterGreen! has teamed up with EcoLogicSolutions to provide the best in commercial green cleaning products - Third party certified by Green Restaurant Association, Green Seal, EcoLabel and USDA BioPreferred
- Los Angeles County passes extensive plastic bag ban; Also holding Working Group Meetings for EPS Food Container Litter Reduction Effort
- CaterGreen! adds Delivery of Organic and Fair Trade Dry Goods from United Natural Foods Inc.
- CaterGreen! is a Certified Small Local Business & DBE / MBE / WBE and Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Congratulations - CaterGreen! Zero Waste Solutions was selected as the 2009 "Environmental Green Conservator of the Year" by the US Small Business Administration!
- Food Waste Recycling for Restaurants in the City of Los Angeles
- Free Commercial Waste Cooking Oil Recycling Service
- Plastic Recycling Awareness Programs
- New Compostable Products
- City of Santa Monica Non-Recyclable Food Service Container Ban and Business Zero Waste Event Support
- Zero Waste Plan - Solid Waste Integrated Resources Plan (SWIRP)
What is Zero Waste?
There is no such thing as "waste", just misplaced resources.
Zero Waste is simply creating "no waste" and redefining "what waste is". This includes replacing non-recyclable products and packaging with products that are reusable, compostable or locally recyclable. REFUSE, REUSE, REDUCE, COMPOST & RECYCLE.
In just these few changes we can significantly reduce the amount of solid waste that is harmful for the environment... like polystyrene and all other non-recyclable plastics. These usually end up in a landfill and if not disposed of appropriately, they end up in our oceans, beaches, rivers... our drinking water. Wildlife continues to be affected by our trash and the chemicals they leach... How does it affect us? Think about it. Please take a moment to view the videos below:
Van Jones: The economic injustice of plastic
Van Jones lays out a case against plastic pollution from the perspective of social justice. Because plastic trash, he shows us, hits poor people and poor countries "first and worst," with consequences we all share no matter where we live and what we earn. At TEDxGPGP, he offers a few powerful ideas to help us reclaim our throwaway planet.
Capt. Charles Moore of the Algalita Marine Research Foundation first discovered the Great Pacific Garbage Patch -- an endless floating waste of plastic trash. Now he's drawing attention to the growing, choking problem of plastic debris in our seas - for more info on "Our Synthetic Seas" visit www.algalita.org and www.5gyres.com
The Majestic Plastic Bag - for more info on the fate of California Assembly Bill 1998 visit www.healthebay.org
Some of Our Favorite Links
|www.enviromeasures.com||EnviroMeasures - Rejuvenating Environments|
|www.cool2012.com||Compostable Organics Out of Landfills by 2012|
|www.plasticbaglaws.org||Keep track of Plastic Bag Laws & Litigation|
|www.findacomposter.com||Find A Composting Facility Near You|
|www.bringyourown.org||Bring Your Own!|
|www.5gyres.com||5 Gyres Institute|
|www.plasticdebris.org||Plastic Debris Rivers to Sea|
|www.earthresource.org||Earth Resource - Sea Turtles Don't Shop|
|www.algalita.org||Algalita Marine Research Foundation|
|www.urbansoil.net||Los Angeles Eco-Village Wiki|
|www.zerowaste.org||Zero Waste Alliance - The Case for Zero Waste|
|www.grrn.org||Grass Roots Recycling Network - Zero Waste|
|www.soullyorganic.com||Local Wholesale Organic Produce|
|www.largemargesustainables.com||Large Marge Sustainables - Catering Services|
|www.southcentralfarmers.com||South Central Farmers|
|www.ecohome.org||Ecohome™ Network - Every Home an Ecohome|